Monday, August 6, 2012

Puffy Darts

Yes! I finally made my own skirt (with clear instructions from my mother) and some additions here and there. Nothing much yet, but it's a start to my new sewing career - JK;-). It was a very basic skirt with an invisible zipper. I added some puffy darts front and back and a waist band, which was not originally a part of the pattern. The fabric, I got from the Cloth House on Berwick Street in London. Berwick street has lots of great fabric boutiques, but they are semi pricey. Goldhawk Road is another great street in London that is loaded with fabric shops and generally more price friendly than Berwick Street. If it wasn't for my upcoming travels to China, I probably would have bought a whole suitcase full of silks and chiffons!

No comments:

Post a Comment